NIPAH VIRUS: NEW THREAT IN INDIA, INFECTION OF NIPAH VIRUS: NIPAH VIRUS ORIGIN, ZOONOSIS SYMPTOMS, PREVENTION FROM NIPAH VIRUS
‘Nipah Virus: New Threat in India’. Recently we the Indians going through a tough time as another sudden outbreak of highly contaminable virus called Nipah Virus. Here in this article NIPAH VIRUS ORIGIN, ZOONOSIS, SYMPTOMS, PREVENTION FROM NIPAH VIRUS, we are going to discuss in detail about this menace. We, here trying to find out some natural way as preventive measures of Nipah Virus.
NIPAH VIRUS ORIGIN, ZOONOSIS, SYMPTOMS, PREVENTION:
Introduction to Nipah Virus:
Nipah virus, new threat in India, spreading at a high rate in Kerala . last week 3 peoples died from the same. This virus belongs to genus Henipavirusin both human and animals. A tiny hope lasts now a days from the information that out of still recorded 582 human cases of Nipah Virus, 54 percent were fatal. Now we are going to give you some information about origin, Zoonosis , cause and preventive measures of Nipah Virus.
According to WHO (World Health Organisation), this virus, having a RNA as genetic material, newly emerging zoonosis that causes a severe disease in both animals and humans. It is on the WHO list of Blueprint priority diseases
Result of infection:
Result of infection of this virus leads into a rare brain fever, ultimately causing the death of victim.
Origin and Mode of Contamination of viral outbreak:
- Origin: Introductory appearance of Nipah Virus: new Threat in India was in 1998 in peninsular Malaysia in pig and pig farmers. Nipah virus outbreak is found in 4 south Asian Countries – Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh and India.
Mode of contamination:
- Pigs: Pigs are chief carrier of this disease. First symptom of Nipah Virus infection was found caused by pigs.
- Fruit bats: fruit bats especially of Pteropodidae family.They are also the carrier of Nipah Virus. Through them and their saliva, the disease spreads very fast.
- Man himself: as this virus is highly contaminable, affected persons are also spreads disease very fast.
Nipah Virus is an airborne transmission infection and can affect those who come in direct contact with contaminated bodies. Viral infection usually associated with inflammation of the brain due to which severe days of fever occurs. If proper care not taken, it can even cause a coma in a span of 24-48 hours. There are also neurological, respiratory and pulmonary signs are reported from infected persons. Symptoms of Nipah Virus infection can be classified into two categories.
Early stage of infection:
Advanced stage of infection:
- Bleeding from nose and
- Liver and Kidney function failure
- High fever
- Mental confusion
The symptoms of Nipah Virus infection lasts almost up to 10 – 12 days before reaching its final stage. This can lead finally into death. Mortality rate of this fatal brain fever outbreak is almost 74.5 – 75%.
You Can Also Read…
Still no vaccines are discovered for this Nipah Virus infection.
As prevention is always better than cure, to ensure protection from this fatal virus following precautions or preventive measures of Nipah Virus are necessary for all. They are as follows:
- Don’t eat partly eaten fruits as they may be half eaten by bats.
- Eat fruits only after proper washing.
- Try to avoid juicy fruits for preventive measures of Nipah Virus.
- Be careful with kids in this Mango and Litchi season.
- Properly cover your food stuffs.
- Maintain personal hygine.
- Keep locality clean.
- Eat banana after proper verification.
- Don’t use water as drinking water from areas having a large no. of bat and pig population
- Drink only boiled and purified water.
- Use mask in crowded places.